Frequently asked questions related to our bike rental service on Lanzarote.
Find here the answers to the most frequent questions that many of our cycling friends who want to rent one of our bikes usually ask us.
If you don't find the answer to your doubts, you can send us an email and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
- You must fill in the contact form without forgetting any mandatory fields. If you have any questions, please indicate them in the comment field.
- When we receive your email, the system will automatically respond to confirm receipt. Our responsible will contact you as soon as possible, confirming the availability and the total amount of the rental.
- Both the rental and the deposit (20,50 or 100 Euros, depending on the bike) must be paid on delivery of the bicycle. The deposit* must be paid in cash and the rental may be paid by card or in cash.
- The deposit will be returned in cash at the end of the rental period.
- If you have contracted damage insurance (€5/day), you do not need to pay the deposit.
- Yes, we do. In the reservation process, the place and time of delivery must be established. Depending on the distance and the number of bikes contracted there may be costs involved.
- The rental is counted for the current day. Regardless of the time of delivery of the bicycle. The return of the bicycle can be made to the shop on this same day during working hours or the following morning at 9.30 a.m. Hotel deliveries are arranged during the booking process, and collection directly with our staff at the time of delivery for your convenience.
- It is not 24 hours.
- Yes, as long as you notify us in advance and the model of bicycle you have rented is available.
- You can pick up your rental bike just before we close the shop. You can see our schedule here.
- You need your passport or ID card. Pay the rent by card or cash and pay the deposit in cash (20, 50 or 100 Euros).
- We can provide you with SHIMANO SPD, SPD-SL and LOOK KEO pedals free of charge, however you must inform us in advance. You can also bring your own pedals, saddle or accessories. We will be happy to help you mount your accessories on our rental bike.
- We also have helmets for rent.
- At Papagayo Bike Lanzarote we are aware of the importance of having good material. That's why we work with important brands in the cycling world and renew our fleet regularly.
- You will find a high quality and very up-to-date product. Our bikes are subject to strict mechanical control. The good functioning of its mechanics and the conservation of its components is essential for us.
- We will show you the condition of the bike at the time of delivery. We recommend that you be aware of this process, as you are responsible for any damage that may occur during the rental period.
- You are exempt from any responsibility (except theft) by contracting our damage insurance (€5/day).
- Yes, we do. We have an insurance that you can contract at the time of delivery of the bicycle. You can also indicate this on the reservation form.
- By taking out our damage insurance, we can ensure that you will have a worry-free holiday.
- The fact that they are dirty should not be a problem for when you return the bike. On the contrary, it is a symptom of having enjoyed our bike. The cleaning is included in the rental price.
- It is forbidden to ride the bicycle on the beach areas and get the bicycles in contact with salted water.
- As for the frame and its components, the bicycle must be returned in the same condition as it was delivered.
*Deposit: When you rent one of our bikes, we ask for a deposit of 20, 50 or 100 euro per bike to cover any possible damage it may suffer (friction on the frame, broken components, loss of accessories, etc.).
By taking out our damage insurance (€5/day), you will not have to pay any deposit and you will be covered for possible incidents that may occur during the rental period.